cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally decided

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have finally decided what I gonna do . I am gonna pay off phone plan and stop airtime plan and leave O2 because of signal issues . I am gonna keep number though . I can justify paying 25 quid a month as not using it enough as I just text most of time hardly any calls . I going to another network and get sim only deal . I know I gotta buy handset but will buy lot cheaper one . Think it's better that way thanks everybody for their advice in helping me make this decision . If I don't get good signal elsewhere I may be back lol 😎😎😎
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman

In the end it's whatever works for you.

So when you request your PAC CODE and the other network uses it that will end your airtime contract with O2.

Enjoy your new phone whatever it will be.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 3 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

A strong signal where you live and work for both calls and data should always be the main criteria for choosing a mobile phone network. Having the most high tech phone on the planet is useless if you can't get a good signal.

If you're not sure which network is best in the areas you frequent most, it's best to invest in a few different PAYG sims and try them out. Don't rely on the coverage checkers online. They're only generalised estimates, and their accuracy varies. Once you find the network that suits your needs best you can use your PAC and transfer your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Depending on your phone you might be better off paying off your phone plan and keeping your existing handset instead of buying a cheap one that doesn't meet your needs?

Just a thought.

If helpful you just need to unlock it (free for contract customers) before using your pac code.
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long does a PAC code last before you have to use it .
Message 6 of 24

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Batman said "How long does a PAC code last before you have to use it ."

All in the link mate. slight_smile
Message 8 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If you don't use the PAC within the 30 days that you requested it you can request it again. Not using it just keeps your present contract running.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Once you pay off the phone plan the phone is yours to keep or sell or do whatever you want with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 24