cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to cancel my contract or get a replacement phone please. I am not paying for this month's bill either, because my phone is faulty. It has just come back from repairs and it will do nothing, not even switch on. It is fully charged and still refuses to do anything. Please sort this out. Either I cancel the contract or get a replacement. I am not paying for a phone that clearly is not alright.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Info here on cancelling your contract. You cant just walk away without settling your bills. You will be in default if you do this..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Also this is a customer to customer forum so no one from CS will see your post here. You need to get in touch with O2 and speak to them..http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Info here on cancelling your contract. You cant just walk away without settling your bills. You will be in default if you do this..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Also this is a customer to customer forum so no one from CS will see your post here. You need to get in touch with O2 and speak to them..http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I'm afraid you have a lot to learn about contracts and commitments. There are processes you need to go through as per the link above. Be aware that any decision you make about not paying your account this month will mean credit file defaults for 6 years and failure to get credit for those 6 years. That includes contracts and/or mortgage. If you have a problem go through the proper channels by first contacting customer service and if needs be, make a complaint.

How to complain

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Included in the contracts that you wouldn't be able to get mentioned by @jonsie would another mobile phone contract. This would include not only O2, but any other mobile phone provider.

It's understandable that you are annoyed that your phone isn't working. You need to bring it back in for O2 to try to repair again. You should be entitled to a loan phone that you would have to put down a small security deposit for, and it won't be a smartphone, but you will be able to make calls and send texts.

Take a deep breath, and don't act on a knee-jerk reaction. The one person who would suffer the most from that would be you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If o2 can't fix it they will replace it (once you have followed the correct procedure) but you may also want to consider taking it directly to the manufacturer who may have more luck and certainly better knowledge of your phone.
Also, please follow the advice given above because one way or another you will have to continue paying your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Iphone 6 is faulty to! 

The screen doesn't always repond to touch and it types and opens Apps on it's own and siri doesn't work. It was a week out of warranty and now I've been quoted £212 for a repair. O2 don't want to help and I still owe £275 on the phone plan contract.

For a £600 phone this is not fit for purpose under the sales of goods act. Why should I have to pay for a faulty phone. I'm seeking legal advise on this matter

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately Apple don't have enough belief in their own products to offer a two year warranty like everyone else does.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The problem is that you will have to have it repaired by Apple going off the latest news about rendering the phone unusable if repaired by a third party.

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks as if this could be one of those affected by this you just posted @jonsie?

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/feb/05/error-53-apple-iphone-software-update-handset-worthless...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9