cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Credit Check even with Excellent Credit Report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I am trying to buy a Samsung Gear S2 with esim.  When I try to buy the smartwatch in full and £11 airtime per month, it goes well until the credit check.  At this point, I am told that I do not meet the minimum to purchase the smartwatch.  I subscribe to the Equifax Credit Report and it states that I have an excellent credit rating.

My O2 handset is on a business contract, so this smartwatch would be my first on a personal account. 

I emailed the credit referral team almost three weeks ago and have had no response except for the auto-reply to tell me they have received my email.

Has anyone else had a problem with O2 credit check even though you have a decet credit rating?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Chase up credit referrals as they are the only ones who can override the computer.
There is no logic sometimes regarding the credit checking system and you could try again in a month's time and be passed.
If you have had a few credit checks in close proximity to each other it will auto fail you every time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Chase up credit referrals as they are the only ones who can override the computer.
There is no logic sometimes regarding the credit checking system and you could try again in a month's time and be passed.
If you have had a few credit checks in close proximity to each other it will auto fail you every time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have emailed them again as they didn't reply within their stated 10 working days.  I suppose the clocks starts ticking again for them not to reply for another 10 working days.

Apart from emailing in, is there anyother way of lighting a rocket under them?

Message 3 of 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apart from emailing in, is there anyother way of lighting a rocket under them?

At the moment, not without attracting the close attention of the UK's National Counter Terrorism Security Office

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
T: 0113 202 5865

Source: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-Credit-Referrals/td-p/19193

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Have you applied for any other form of credit in the past 3 months? such as a loan, mortgage, credit card etc? as there will all show as a request for credit and will effect your credit score so applying for more credit will result it some rejections.

If you've applied with O2 recently and been turned down any subsequent applications will also show on your rating
Message 6 of 6