cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATED NEW CUSTOMER

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at my wits end with O2 and I only placed my order yesterday! Ordered a ipad 2 air yesterday, no upfront cost £46per month. Came back saying due my credit history I would need to pay £75. Don't get paid till tomorrow so chatted with O2 several times to confirm if this would still be available tomorrow, they said yes , just log in and finish the order. Managed to get the cash today, chatted with them again to ask how I should proceed as there was no details of the order to finish. They said go ahead and place a new order. I did this and got an order number but when I followed the link in the email it told me they had to review the order and I would be contacted within 24hours. I cant understand why another credit check is being done when they did one yesterday. I spoke to the credit line who said they were really busy , he couldnt see any details of the order I placed yesterday and this one today was waiting for credit check. I wasn't happy with this and called back again. I spoke to someone else who said it wasn't waiting for credit check it had been passed to the fraud team!! He also said it may be because of two orders being placed even though they told me to do it. I cant speak to the fraud team, they will email me. What fraud checks can they possibly do by emailing me. I can't believe how frustrated I am already. I have spent the last two days checking emails and chatting with O2. Anyone got any advise please.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

That's the problem with the fraud team. Unlike most companies they aren't customer-facing and won't speak to you. More like a clandestine secret society! Hope this gets sorted today for you.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

Really sorry you've had problems trying to get a contract out with o2. When you apply, we carry out  a credit check/assessment on yourself. The first order you placed online should have had an order number attached to it. I believe Customer Services should be able to see the order and it's order number. However, if they and yourself could not locate the order/order number you would normally need to submit off a new application. Without speaking to the fraud department it's not possible to find out why they are completing additional security checks, however doing 2 credit checks could be something to do with it. I hope your able to get things sorted and for your reference customer services can be reached on 0344 809 0202.

Many Thanks 

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous the op has said they have tried speaking with cs many times but not getting anywhere.

They are waiting for contact from the fraud department but that seems not forthcoming. The op has 2 credit checks because O2 cs gave misleading info & this has led to this situation the op is facing
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me if this is an O2 Refresh order? 

please note that I don't work for O2

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is getting really confusing now... 😞

can you elaborate @Anonymous ?

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you tell me if this is an O2 Refresh order? 

please note that I don't work for O2

If you have ordered a phone and contract directly from O2, yes, it will be a refresh contract - that's all O2 sell these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16