cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending refresh contract and switching networks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waited for O2 to roll out 4g near where i work to see if my signal issues improved but it didn't, i've already started a contract with Three but wanted to check a few things about cancelling my refresh contract with O2 and getting the number ported over, is this best done in store or easy enough to do over the phone?

My bill date is the 27th, but comes out the following month on the 11th, when my bill is generated for the 27th this week, i'm guessing this is for the previous month? 

If i pay off my phone balance on the 27th and give notice to end the contract, this should start the 30 days notice period, so i should still get another bill for next month, which will then be the final bill?

If i were to pay off my phone and cancel half way though a month, will i be billed for the whole month or just for the days used?

Finally, if i'm still in my last month (during notice period) can i port my number to my new contract immediately or do i have to wait for the notice period to end?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Pay off your handset and the next day (let the payment show on system) request your PAC under the refresh device pay off terms.
Give the pac to three and they will then port your number over, on this happening, o2 will generate your final bill and account close balance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Pay off your handset and the next day (let the payment show on system) request your PAC under the refresh device pay off terms.
Give the pac to three and they will then port your number over, on this happening, o2 will generate your final bill and account close balance.
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There will be an overlap, but it won't be much. Do not cancel your Direct Debit until you stop receiving bills from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I paid £80 to pay off the device plan, and got my number transferred to 3 successfully, my o2 account stated my bill would be £27 instead of £47.

I've just received an email saying my new bill is ready to view and its £77! Which includes an early termination fee for the period april-july 2015!
Message 5 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ring up customer services and inform them you paid off device which then puts you on 30 day rolling contract thus negates early termination fees.
Message 6 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's shocking really how unshocked I am
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Topics: 124
Re: Ending refresh contract and switching networks [ New ]
Options
on ‎27-03-2015 13:41
QUOTE:
It's shocking really how unshocked I am

I was hoping that you'd had more luck than what I've read! Oh dear, o2, get with it hun!

C.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used the online chat to resolve this, they said there is an incorrect fee on my final bill and it will be removed, the chat box disappeared when I switched tabs though (I'm on a tablet) so I'll have to check its actually been removed before the payment comes out.

Message 10 of 12