cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

After about 30 seconds about 90% of my calls are dropping. There's a beep and the call is gone. I call back and the call is ok. Has anyone else got this as it's sendingme mad?

I'm on an LG G2.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It could be any number of things - It could even be the other person you are calling that has an issue.
Generic tests to isolate the problem would be to try your sim in another phone and another sim in your phone.
If it is a sim card issue, O2 will replace it free of charge, if it is a phone issue you'd need to check warranty status etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It could be any number of things - It could even be the other person you are calling that has an issue.
Generic tests to isolate the problem would be to try your sim in another phone and another sim in your phone.
If it is a sim card issue, O2 will replace it free of charge, if it is a phone issue you'd need to check warranty status etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's going to be a number of processes you'll have to follow as a process of elimination. M

Check your masts too. http://status.o2.co.uk

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Do you remember this kept happening with me @MI5 ? You suggested at the time it could be antenna...or mast/network... It actually turned out to be the network in the end...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Do you remember this kept happening with me @MI5 ? You suggested at the time it could be antenna...or mast/network... It actually turned out to be the network in the end...

Ahh, I suggest the OP checks their local masts on the status checker

http://status.o2.co.uk/ 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
It did sound familiar when I read the post slight_smile
As always with these kinds of issues unfortunately there is no easy answer - It's a case of working through the possibles until you find it.....
It might be helpful to make a note of when the issue occurs, time/location, caller etc as a pattern may start to develop.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Ahh, I suggest the OP checks their local masts on the status checker

http://status.o2.co.uk/ 

Thing was Viridis...I was actually in Spain at the time...how clever was that?..Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I had this problem with my last iPhone.  I know you say that you are not on iPhone but the advice may be the same.

I had Apple do a diagnostics on my phone and they found that there were numerous call drops from the phone software but also some from the network.  You need to get your phone checked to see if it is the phone software or the network that is causing the calls to drop.

I hope this helps slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.

This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails.

Updated 18:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Message 9 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Maybe start a new thread with more info, although the end result will be the same,
It will be repaired and until then, unfortunately you're gonna have problems.
Message 10 of 11