cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont want to renew contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have only just realised that my 2 year contract is over and the renewal date was the 15th of August, but I dont want to renew it can someone explain what I need to do please

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It has now become a 30 day rolling contract. You can either do nothing, and it will stay a 30 day rolling contract, or if you want to change providers, you can call Customer Service and ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. When you give your PAC to your new provider it will automatically cancel your O2 contract and you will get a final bill from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It has now become a 30 day rolling contract. You can either do nothing, and it will stay a 30 day rolling contract, or if you want to change providers, you can call Customer Service and ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. When you give your PAC to your new provider it will automatically cancel your O2 contract and you will get a final bill from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It depends just what you want to do.

If you want to leave O2 just give 30 days notice by calling 202. If you want to leave and keep your number ask for your PAC which you give to your new network. By doing this it will automatically end your contract and O2 will issue a final bill. Don't cancel the DD until the final bill has been paid.

If you want to remain with O2 but change to P&G simply call customer service and they will send you a new sim card.

If you do nothing your contract carries on a 30 day rolling contract which you can leave at any time by giving 30 days notice.

Some help links here:

Leaving O2 & Obtaining PAC by bandofbrothers and davethorp - HereHere

Closing Account

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I see thank you both. I just don't want to be on a contract anymore I want to switch to pay as you go, its alot cheaper in my circumstances. If I call customer services tomorrow and ask to switch to P&G I take it they'll issue a final bill?

Another thing if I change to pay and go can I still keep my number?

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes just call 202 and they'll send you a P&G sim and produce the final bill for you.

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I am so glad I got my information early regarding end of contract  It just shows how easy it is to forget! wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

At least the OP became aware of his contract expiry date not too long after the actual date and will be able to resolve this with a minimum amount of fuss or extra expense.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8