cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do O2 credit check for an upgrade to refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I am wanting to upgrade soon and am currently on the old o2 contract, not refresh. I am wondering if o2 will do a credit check for an upgrade to a refresh contract.
My credit score isnt good due to past circumstances but i have never missed a payment on my o2 bill.
Just worried i will get declined for an upgrade.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have spoken to CS and they said there will be a credit check

Good info for us to remember - It will help with providing accurate advice in future, thanks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 years of working in telecoms, i have never experienced anyone not being allowed to upgrade to due credit status.

My advise would just be to go for it.

Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I suspected they may credit check for the handset but good payment history with O2 should help to put you in good stead. Thanks for confirming. Hope all goes well for you slight_smile

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

i upgraded a phone a month ago no problems but yesterday failed the credit check on another contract ! i am trying to take out a third phone on my account for my son. i have even registered with Equifax ( credit checker that O2 use) and have shown them my exemplary score in the store. it seems O2 is checking me against an old address despite my new address being on their systems........frustrating and embarrassing but at least i know its not a problem with my credit rating.....

interested to know if anyone has views or advice on this one

thanks 

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No one can comment with any authority.
It may be due to a number of credit schedule in quick succession, in which case try again in a week or so. If it is due to address you will have to wait until the database is updated or push for a manual update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Please don't pay too much attention to the scores that CRAs provide. They are pretty much meaningless. Lenders and service providers have their own criteria when it comes to making decisions and it isn't based on a worthless score that the credit reference agencies like to use to get rich quick

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

Please don't pay too much attention to the scores that CRAs provide. They are pretty much meaningless. Lenders and service providers have their own criteria when it comes to making decisions and it isn't based on a worthless score that the credit reference agencies like to use to get rich quick

Which is a pretty appalling state of affairs @davethorp if true.

This could affect someone trying to get a mortgage or buy a car...or anything nowadays slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
An update for you if anyone's interested. It seems O2 use not only credit checks but they also have business policies too. So you can have an excellent personal credit file but they can still turn you down. I Bought my propety as a repo so I assume that if there was a business registered to this address that went bankrupt then that is why I might be struggling......
Message 18 of 18