cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayed number when calling from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, wondering if anyone can help me.
If I make a phone call whilst roaming in Europe, will my number be displayed with a +44 to the receiver or the country code for whatever country I am in at the time?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If the number you are calling has you in their contacts list it will be displayed as if it you were in the UK...If they arent one of your contacts it will be displayed with +44 prefixed....

Also as I presume you have a UK number, it will only ever display +44 whatever country you are in...or ringing from

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If the number you are calling has you in their contacts list it will be displayed as if it you were in the UK...If they arent one of your contacts it will be displayed with +44 prefixed....

Also as I presume you have a UK number, it will only ever display +44 whatever country you are in...or ringing from

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff,

Thank you very much for your reply. I should have said in original post I have a UK number, so thanks again for clearing that up!
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No problem...I only know this as I travel a lot to Spain mainly.....and call friends in other countries...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4