O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
chrism2231
Accepted Solution

Direct debit..

I have just paid this month's bill (due on the 7th of march) manually, will o2 still try and take a direct debit because its only 7 days away ?

I opened a new bank account and the direct debit that o2 may or may not try and take is from a closed bank account. I changed my direct debit details to my new account but it won't be changed before the payment date..

Help ?
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: Direct debit..

You may be ok with 7 days, and if you have paid it there shouldn't be a problem.

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.
opium
Kudos: 153
Solutions: 183

call o2 and ask them to check with the payments helpdesk if the direct debit is pending - it really depends, it may or may not be as 7 days is usually the cut off.

I do work for O2, however, anything I say here is my own view and does not represent that of Telefónica.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 179
Solutions: 1,905

You could call your bank or use online banking to suspend the direct debit for one month to be on the safe side. There is no charge for doing this.

Please use plain text.