cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help on to how to change my details with out speaking on the phone as my phone is broken.

I need to chnage the account from my mums name to my name as i am now paying for it and also need to upgrade.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

As the account is in your Mums name, its her job to close it or change it (if she wants to do this)

As the phone is broken it looks as if she may want to end this existing contract and allow you to open a new one in your name?

As jonsie says only the account holder is able to do it and settle up balances. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I need help on to how to change my details with out speaking on the phone as my phone is broken.

I need to chnage the account from my mums name to my name as i am now paying for it and also need to upgrade.

Many thanks

In afraid you need to speak to then,  or rather your mother does. Close the account and take out a new one in your name.  Landline numbers are in the contact link at the foot of the page. 

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

As the account is in your Mums name, its her job to close it or change it (if she wants to do this)

As the phone is broken it looks as if she may want to end this existing contract and allow you to open a new one in your name?

As jonsie says only the account holder is able to do it and settle up balances. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would need to take out a contract in your name first, and then be on the call at the same time as your mum to customers services to transfer the mobile number across if you wish to retain it. At that point the original contract will end an any fees if applicable will be payable.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Be aware that if you want to take out a contract in your name, you will have to pass a credit check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Be aware that if you want to take out a contract in your name, you will have to pass a credit check.

It maybe best to have your mum have you named on the account so that you build up a nice litte bit of credit with 02.

Then in about 12 months have your mum remove her name from the account making you the account holder, or if that is no longer allowed then close the account and you open a new one but obv ask to keep the number.

Message 6 of 6