Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detaching a number from My O2

jkgwatcher
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My daughter’s mobile number is registered on my O2 account; I guess this is a legacy from when I obtained the SIM card for her some years ago. Anyway, she now is independent and wants to create her own O2 account to manage her device/number.

How can I get the number detached from my account? If she tries to register of course it simply refers her to my account where her number is registered.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
OK, so PAYG is different.
No need for change of contract details, just call CS and ask them to remove the number from a linked number to a standalone one and request new log in details.
It would be wise to give them your daughters email address to link it to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You used to be able to do it online but unfortunately you now have to call customer service to get them unlinked.

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I believe you would have to call Customer Service on 202 from your mobile with both of you present for security purposes. They would probably be able to do this for you then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Will she be taking over payments etc...?
If so, she will have to take a new account, in her name (credit checks permitting) and then you would have to give authority to transfer her number to her new account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jkgwatcher
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, she will be taking over payments; it's a Pay & Go number anyway that she already tops up

I feel a little embarrassed by still being able to see this.

I'd like to just detach the number without telling her.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
OK, so PAYG is different.
No need for change of contract details, just call CS and ask them to remove the number from a linked number to a standalone one and request new log in details.
It would be wise to give them your daughters email address to link it to.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6