cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts o2 to o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has ben occuring for a 3-4 weeks now. My wife uses a Samsung Note 2 and has been experiencing delays in recieving texts, and occasional calls going straight to voicemail.

The area we're in has always recieved texts without issue for the 10+ years we've been with o2. Now, it can take up to 6 hrs to recieve a text I sent from 20 miles away, but are recieved within minutes if we're in the same room at home.

Live chat has proved pointless, cleaning the sim is the standard answer, which when the phone is rebooted it usually recieves the texts anyway - continual reboots are not the way to be fixing this problem.

Any suggestions before we decide to find another provider?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

A solution: Call instead of Text, that way you know the message has got through.

But is this happening when you are always away from home, and is it always from the same place (20 miles away) or as soon as you have left the house?

if it is always from the same place have you checked the Mast Status for that postcode?

Have you or your wife recently moved to a new phone after using an iPhone?

Message 2 of 4

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 61 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

For time critical stuff, I would tend to call rather than text if possible... however....

My primary phone is on another network, but I deal with o2 a lot and have a few friends & family on O2. I've recently had quite a few problems with delayed texts when being sent to O2 users - one of the more extreme examples being: Sent from my phone at 0100 to O2 user who was switched off at the time, O2 switched back on at 0900 and calls fine from the start, but it took until nearer 1130 for the text to be received.

Definitely a network problem with o2 there.... and not the only O2 user who I now timestamp all my texts with.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the delay, been away

Calling would guarentee the message has got through, but texting was just a 'I got here OK' kind of thing, and usually sent at an slightly unsocialble hour.

No change in phones or location. Not always texts from me, or from the same locations. She's been on a Note2 for 6 months now, I send with an N8 (for my sins!) Nothing has changed leading up to to the start of the problem.

Nothing showing upon the mast status. Have switched the phones to 2G only but not fixing the problem. And TUgo is not exactly the best solution as there's a lot of double messages showing up

Message 4 of 4