cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt collection harassment for someone else debt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! O2 are driving me mad. They're making 3 calls a day to get a debt cleared on my home phone.. Problem is when I go through security it turns out (as I know) I don't owe O2 anything but somehow someone has my home number on their account the debt department at O2 refuse to remove my number from this list as I'm not the person who owes them the money (stupid is as stupid does) claiming they can on,y speak to the account holder (I am the account holder for my home phone). I can't change my home number as it's hard wired into the building entry system. Have written to O2 3 times spent 40 hours on calls so far and still the same arrogant rude Scottish man from 0800 092 0840 rings 3 times a day with the same script and safe aggressive attitude and refusal to correct the mistake at O2.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Make a written complaint, link in my signature. You might want to consider taking legal advice too.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Done that they do nothing. Now on written complaint no 4. In process or leaving O2. For breach of contract for harassment
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try using the complaints link at the bottom of the page although they might take a couple of days to get back to you.

Isn't 3 calls a day classed as harrassment? I'm sure a creditor isnt allowed to keep calling throughout the day every day......you may wish to point this out to them!!

I personally found sending an email to the CEO very effective!

Good luck

Message 4 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm presuming its now a debt collection agency harassing you in which case it's a bit of a minefield. O2 need to recognise that the debt isn't your's  and need to call off the dogs.

A solicitors  letter wold be my next option.

Message 5 of 31

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Mike,

Let me know how you get on with this current complaint and if you need any further help.

I'm Toby, an O2 Community Coordinator
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you could post me the email to send or forward to man290663 @ O2.co.uk I'll try sending it - the police, sky have been informed I classify thsi as aggressive harassment calls next time the person calls I will ask for their full name and business address as my solicitor is preparing a cease and desist letter (cost £150 to me) and while I'm at it I'll try and get the twit struck off from the institute of credit management
Message 7 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

ronan.dunne@o2.com

Message 9 of 31

Anonymous