cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deals for returning customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I used to be with o2, I was an o2 customer for around 11, having been a business customer, a consumer customer (with 2 seperate contracts) and also had o2 broadband and landline (until it was transferred to sky).

When I came to the end of my contract I tried to get a good deal on a new handset and tariff, but o2 played hardball and were not willing to offer me a deal.

Around 18 months ago I moved over to GiffGaff (I know this is still part of o2).

I'm in the market for a new phone and looking at an o2 contract again, but they all seem to be so expensive. I am even entitled to an o2open discount!

It appears it is still cheaper to stay with GiffGaff and buy a brand new sim-free handset outright from amazon and still ultimatley pay less than taking out a new contract.

Are there any better deals that can be offered to a potential returning customer?

TIA

Alex

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2 operates a fair deal for all. New, old, or returning. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, take it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2 operates a fair deal for all. New, old, or returning. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, take it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There are no deals anymore. Just go with the options you feel comfortable with and the price that suits your pocket.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's always cheaper to buy sim free and use payg or sim only tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4