Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage in a remote location?

Dom2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, this is the first time I have access to data and it's extremely useful, I was just wondering though; Is it available everywhere? Will I be able to use my data to connect anywhere in the country, or does it work similarly to my phone signal, where it won't have connection in a remote location?
Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Most towns and cities and you won't have a problem but yes, remote areas will depend on the strength of the network signal. You can check most places before you go if you have a post code but coverage maps are notoriously poor and don't take into account building structure or remote areas where signal is very weak.

Service Status

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Most towns and cities and you won't have a problem but yes, remote areas will depend on the strength of the network signal. You can check most places before you go if you have a post code but coverage maps are notoriously poor and don't take into account building structure or remote areas where signal is very weak.

Service Status

Message 2 of 4

Dom2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks! Appreciate the quick response. slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Use the service checker for a rough idea http://status.o2.co.uk/
If it shows 3g or 4g you should be fine, but it is only a guide.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4