Did you mean: 

Data allowance and a merged account

Halesowenmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have three phones under my name with O2. One for me (the first to come to O2), my daughters (the second), my son's (the third and the most recently added one). 

When I added my daughters all was fine no issues. My sons was added and somehow they decided to merge his and my airtime bills. As you can imagine this makes it virtually impossible to manage the intricacies of who's called who and has anyone used too many minutes. O2 tell me that they absolutely cannot split them apart separately (even though I didn't even ask them to do it).

Then my daughter who is on hols down on the coast said oh mum I might go over my data allowance cos there's no wifi here (words that put the fear of dread into any parent's heart) so I thought ok, I'll check on My o2 and see how much she's got to use and help her keep track of it. So she's showing as having 5GB allowance with a 16GB refurbed iPhone 5s and I'm showing as having 3GB with my HTC One M8. Now, I am quite sure that it should be completely the opposite way round to that! To the extent that with my M8 I've got the Data Usage bit set to 5GB max with a warning 4GB. Why would I have done that if I only had 3GB?

However, what I really need to see is the original online order showing the exact details of the tariff and all its allowances. Do you think o2 will have that information somewhere??? I feel like I might be going mad and am remembering it wrong but although you can look back at older bills online they don't support my view that my ph is 5GB and my daughters 3GB - it's the original online order and tariff selection that I need to check.

Have either of these things ever happened to anyone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can go back and view older bills.....and you should be able to see what has been ordered via MyO2

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Backdated bills
On the PC go into My O2, view latest bill and scroll down you will see 6 months of previous bills.
 Open one of those and scroll to the bottom and click on View and print older bills
 From there, use the drop down box at the top of the screen.
If none of this gi9ves you any of the info about orders and who used what then I am afraid you will have to give customer services a ring....You may want to keep these accounts seperate as well

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have 4 accounts all under the same My O2 log in but I can select each one individually to see usage details.
Can you not do this too?
The tariff you are on will also be shown in your My O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Halesowenmum

If you ring customer services they can check the original order, including the tariff that was ordered or if there have been any changes on your account. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 4 of 4