cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every month on my iPhone I seem to exceed my data allowance, I have just checked the data usage and for some reason everyday at midnight there is a large usage? I am normally asleep by then, anyone ever had this?

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought about using a data counter to see where your data is been consumed? You might be able to avoid going over your allowance at all if you find a peskie app auto uploading / downloading without your knowledge. Change its settings to only upload when on wifi and bobs your uncle.

I've used data manager on the iphone in the past, there are loads out there accross the platforms, find one that suits your needs and breaks down by app. There'll be some free ones that do that.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 update the amount of data used during the day at midnight.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but there seem to be days when the only entry for that day is the midnight update?

Also I purchased another 100mb of data and reset the data usage, I got an email saying I had used it all, I checked how much I had used and it says 50mb.

Message 3 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
If you went 50mb over and then purchased 100mb it would take out the 50mb you went over previously....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought about using a data counter to see where your data is been consumed? You might be able to avoid going over your allowance at all if you find a peskie app auto uploading / downloading without your knowledge. Change its settings to only upload when on wifi and bobs your uncle.

I've used data manager on the iphone in the past, there are loads out there accross the platforms, find one that suits your needs and breaks down by app. There'll be some free ones that do that.

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is most of them are not wholly accurate.

Personally because I don't take calls at night my iPhone is put into aeroplane mode over night.

You may want to look at what apps you have installed to see if they are remaining live in the background to update themselves etc.
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn off mobile data when you are at home & connect to wifi where possible

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

The data monitoring programs may not always be accurate but they are a good indicator as to where you're haemorrhaging data.

Message 8 of 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Data man is accurate within .2mb I was rather impressed.

No I'm not a salesman:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received my first bill and I have been charged for data used but I have not accessed the internet...not quite sure how this has happened as I am new to the windows phone?

Message 10 of 25