cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok im at a loss here, spoke to o2 they cant explain this, My allowances are reset on the 5th of every month... i dont tether and my phone is connected to Wifi pretty much 90% of the day... My data allowance is 1GB I have just checked my o2 app and i have burnt 800meg of data in 15 days!!! i have never used that much before in one whole month and the same was last month too.. is anyone else having the same issues with iphone 5s??? 

Jay 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The problem is that Apple continue to deny there is an issue or why it only affects some users.

Message 21 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

apple can suck my soon to be gold plated tackle!!!! Whistle

Message 22 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. wink
Message 23 of 39

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
A very wise move slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Facebook introduced autoplay of videos recently.

Turn this off to reduce data usage.

But if you monitor your app data usage you will see this.

Got to say I dont think this is iphone only. Although maybe not as bad on other phones. 

All of a sudden I am reaching my data limits on my HTC One m8. Previously was not large enough to worry about.

Message 25 of 39

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you are using 4G I find you tend to do more because it's easier than on 3G, but that is genuine usage.
The iPhone reports are all from people who dispute the usage and their phones data counter doesn't correlate with that reported by the network either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

its just ridiculas, why is my phone useing data even when connected to wifi! ive just checked and I have used more!! even though im still connected to wifi!! 

Message 27 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you turn off mobile data and then check again.

Have a diagnostic run in it at the Genius Bar.

I really can't see that anymore can be said that hasn't already. 😞
Message 28 of 39

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 29 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

the pain of sitting in apple or at least trying to get an appointment is like trapping tackle in a zip! 😞 

Message 30 of 39