cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok im at a loss here, spoke to o2 they cant explain this, My allowances are reset on the 5th of every month... i dont tether and my phone is connected to Wifi pretty much 90% of the day... My data allowance is 1GB I have just checked my o2 app and i have burnt 800meg of data in 15 days!!! i have never used that much before in one whole month and the same was last month too.. is anyone else having the same issues with iphone 5s??? 

Jay 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

mine shows what data each app has used which I reset on my anniversary date. Note my safari app usage. 

image.jpg

Message 11 of 39

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Just a thought, are you not seeing a combination of the Data + Wi-Fi usage?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 12 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think thats storage why would settings use data?? 

Message 13 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I believe wifi usage is not collated.

It's data only usage.

Which is about right for my safari app usage amount as I use mine on wifi at home too. I turn mobile data off so it does not flick from wifi to data when it goes to sleep.
Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
This http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/25/ios-7-how-to-monitor-track-your-cellular-data-usage/ explains how it works.

They won't be 100% accurate readings.

If you call O2 they will confirm what you've used but won't be able to break it down for you.
Message 15 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Have a search on the community for high data usage and you'll find many iPhone users suffering this Apple phenomena. Location services and fault reporting to Apple are two of the biggest culprits.

Message 16 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay jay said "@bandofbrothers its telling me how much space its using! not data because if i went by the results im using 12GB per month!!! "

That's because you probably have not reset the statistics on your anniversary date.
Message 17 of 39

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Lot's of other posts on here about iPhone data usage, from iOS6 onwards. 

Not sure if it's still necessary but the previous advice was to switch off mobile data when at home connected to wifi.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's still applicable as the iPhone will switch from wifi to a data connection when it sleeps apparently as a battery saver.

That part i refute as I think wifi is no bigger drain than data connection !
Message 19 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It's a serious issue affecting many users across different networks and different countries. It seems you are lucky if you've not been hit by it at some point in time.
It's been going on for almost 2 years now so you'd think there was an answer by now.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 39