cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok im at a loss here, spoke to o2 they cant explain this, My allowances are reset on the 5th of every month... i dont tether and my phone is connected to Wifi pretty much 90% of the day... My data allowance is 1GB I have just checked my o2 app and i have burnt 800meg of data in 15 days!!! i have never used that much before in one whole month and the same was last month too.. is anyone else having the same issues with iphone 5s??? 

Jay 

Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

May i please ask, do you have TuGo on your phone? I ask because if you do and you have received an inbound call via TuGo (i.e. your phone shows forwarded call as the call comes in) then it is possible that the call whilst ended by you may still be open in TuGo and using data.

It happened to me and my handset used 254mb overnight when i was asleep, my phone was not in use by me. In the end i lost faith and removed TuGo. I am now testing the new version.

View solution in original post

Message 38 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you looked in your settings to see what's using the data ?

Data usage on iPhone.
Settings - Mobile - shows each app usage at the bottom.
Remember to reset these statistics after each Data allowance refresh.

I'm not experiencing unusually high data usage on my iPhone 5s but some think it's an iOS thing.
Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried that and its telling me sod all...... I never had this problem until i went back to Iphone.... 

Message 3 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Have a quick search and you will find many, many similar threads that bob doesn't believe slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it not telling you nothing.

It gathers info to show what app is using how much data.
Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im falling out of love with Iphone.................:smileysad:

Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous its telling me how much space its using! not data because if i went by the results im using 12GB per month!!! 

Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your swapping to a Galaxy s5 anyway are you not from your post yesterday ?
Message 8 of 39

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The Android Data Manager actually tells you what is being used and how much it is making of your data tariff. It's the one under System. The O2 app may be about 24 hours behind.

I'm not 100% how the iOS one works.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

looking that way @Anonymous this data usage is just stupid!!! i just dont understand how i can be using so much when my phone is connected to wifi!!! i think its leaking out!!! 

Message 10 of 39