Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

What is going on with O2 customer service lately.  They used to be excellent, but suddenly it's all gone horribly pear-shaped.

Notes added to my account during a call / online chat mysteriously vanish by the next time I call.  Upgrade offers that have been agreed upon are retracted and now there is no customer loyalty / retention policy or offers.

Don't get me wrong, the social media team seem very good and I am sure they take the brunt of fed up customers but they don't seem to be given the tools to help them keep our custom.

By far the worst are the overseas call / chat centres who just don't seem to understand if you ask anything unusual.  I asked several technical questions about TuGo, and each time recieved the Marketing info, no technical help.  I asked for information on 30 contracts and the chat adviser refused to talk about anything other than the 12 month contracts.

All I want is SIM only, less monthly cost than now, same bundle otherwise. I don't need the phone.  Mentioned today that both EE and carphone warehouse were offering better deals asked O2 to match, I was advised to pursue those deals.

Basically advised to leave O2 after nearly a decade!  What kind of customer services is that?

Will they be re-branding as Call Connections again to match the decline in service?

Rant over.

Sorry.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We've noticed the decline too and it seems to be getting worse - Still Mr Dunne thinks everything is rosy, so that's OK then !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It's so sad because others have very positive experiences (as I did a month ago) However it should not be so different for anyone ....we should all get the same level of good service.

I agree with your comments about Live chat though....definitely not fit for purpose...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's sad that we seem to be seeing more and more disillusional posts on here regarding customer service but the powers that be seem quite happy given that O2 regular appear at the top of customer service satisfaction according to the various media reports.

Maybe I was lucky but I managed to get a loyalty discount off a sim only deal a mere three weeks ago but agreed, all customers should be treated equally. All too often it is merely the luck of the draw as to who you get to speak to.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently O2 have outsourced some customer service functions to Capita. Just saying. ....
Message 5 of 14

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Over the past few months I've seen a few reductions in customer service. Basically I have a few rules, before I ask an O2 member of staff anything I'll google it beforehand. O2's Repair service are a disgrace. Although the network is slowly getting better I feel the more MVNO they have on the network, it is going to affect the quality of direct customers signals.

In fact, I come here to this forum to ask questions because the answers are straight to the point and concise; not "going between the houses" and filled with ineptitude.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

In fact, I come here to this forum to ask questions because the answers are straight to the point and concise; not "going between the houses" and filled with ineptitude.

I think  you have hit the nail on the head with that comment @anticpated This is probably why my experience with CS has been fine....(in that I contact them so infrequently) Anything I need to know ...I ask on here which saves all the hassle of going through O2 customer services.

I fact I will go one step further. Probably the reason O2 do so well in customer surveys is more to do with the support given from the community forum....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for your thoughts on this @AlignedChaos and there's no need to apologise. Any feedback is really useful. slight_smile  Sorry to hear that it did not go well for you.

I intend to create a few discussions very soon specialsijng different aspects of customer service and your experiences; Calling, Live Chat, visiting a store etc.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts on this @AlignedChaos and there's no need to apologise. Any feedback is really useful. slight_smile  Sorry to hear that it did not go well for you.

I intend to create a few discussions very soon specialsijng different aspects of customer service and your experiences; Calling, Live Chat, visiting a store etc.

There is certainly a diversity of customer experience with each aspect of customer experience. Like @Cleoriff I have had no problems over the years with the minor exception of using live chat one time. It's really quite astonishing how much knowledge & support you can pick up from some wonderful people on the community.

Message 9 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's really quite astonishing how much knowledge & support you can pick up from some wonderful people on the community.

I couldn't agree more @jonsie (you being one of them ;))

I'm proud to be able to interact with everyone on this community.

As I say though, we will be holding some customer service discussions and I'll be collating many recent experiences also to discuss with the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 14