cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Is A Joke

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, apologies for the title.

However, I have not been helped at all. Here's the story.

My account resets on the 2nd of the month. Unlimited calls and texts and 5GB of data.

Today I have just received notification that I have used all of my data. I cannot belive that this is true. Considering I have been connected to my home WiFi for 4 of the 7 days since reset, I don't think I've used 5GB.

I used approx 4.3GB during the whole of the previous month's billing cycle. Going through the breakdown of the data used on specific days in my bill.

So I phoned up customer service to query this. I was told was that according to the systems I had used all of my allowance. I asked if they could please access this month's bill to date and forward the breakdown of days so far. For some reason this cannot be done. Why?

I was then told to refer to the MyO2 app. This is no use. It's showing I have no data. That is all it is showing me. I was told to use my phone and check that way. Unfortunately I do not reset my phones statistics each billing cycle so I won't have an accurate reading. Something in which I think I'm going to have to do in the future.

I then decided to check with the website and was found the below information.

So with no help and being told I can't see my bill until the 2nd of February, I am left with no data despite being told I have 4.12GB available on the website. I have attached a screenshot below. 4.12GB seems like a much more reasonable number to have left over after this first week. Being told one thing by customer services and another by the website is very annoying.

Information from O2 Website

I don't download songs/movies/photos using my phone. I seldomly stream videos or music or photos outwith my WiFi network at home. All my phones is used for is checking a few tweets and emails outwith the house.

All I ask is why isn't this information (the bill currently in cycle) available to me so I can investigate further and make sure an app isn't exhausting my data without my knowledge. The lack of cooperation from the customer services department is abysmal.

With my contract renewal coming up in September of this year, it doesn't look too favourably towards me renewing with O2. I will most definitely be looking to take my business elsewhere.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Later that evening, O2 contacted me and offered a free 1gb bolt on. 

I then accepted and told them I would look at my bill at the end of the month. 

I've just checked now on the website to see if anything has changed.

Shared data on the website says I have 4.55GB available to use. However the counter on the main account page shows as unavailable.

I also reset my phone stats as soon as I got the bolt on confirmed. Data useage since that day, 485MB.

Message 21 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Later that evening, O2 contacted me and offered a free 1gb bolt on. 

I then accepted and told them I would look at my bill at the end of the month. 

I've just checked now on the website to see if anything has changed.

Shared data on the website says I have 4.55GB available to use. However the counter on the main account page shows as unavailable.

I also reset my phone stats as soon as I got the bolt on confirmed. Data useage since that day, 485MB.

It may well be that the website is slow updating. Often happens. Just keep looking to check whether it corrects itself..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my next update. The  data part is still showing "Sorry there's been a problem."

I am now on 1.7gb of data used since I got my 1gb bolt on from O2. 

There has definitely been a mix up somewhere. Still pretty miffed that I really had to push customer services. Their lack of knowledge they provide their customer advisors with is still pretty unbelievable. 

Does billing come under the data protection act?

Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've checked my bill today. I used a total of 3.39gb over the whole month.

I am now in contact with customer services again as I've been charged £7.50 more on my account from the "goodwill" data they applied to my account earlier this month. "Goodwill" data that I haven't used and shouldn't have had to fight for.

This whole situation was a joke and I think I may be changing provider come September.

Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rolls eyes !

I can't blame you considering changing Networks !
Message 25 of 25