cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Is A Joke

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, apologies for the title.

However, I have not been helped at all. Here's the story.

My account resets on the 2nd of the month. Unlimited calls and texts and 5GB of data.

Today I have just received notification that I have used all of my data. I cannot belive that this is true. Considering I have been connected to my home WiFi for 4 of the 7 days since reset, I don't think I've used 5GB.

I used approx 4.3GB during the whole of the previous month's billing cycle. Going through the breakdown of the data used on specific days in my bill.

So I phoned up customer service to query this. I was told was that according to the systems I had used all of my allowance. I asked if they could please access this month's bill to date and forward the breakdown of days so far. For some reason this cannot be done. Why?

I was then told to refer to the MyO2 app. This is no use. It's showing I have no data. That is all it is showing me. I was told to use my phone and check that way. Unfortunately I do not reset my phones statistics each billing cycle so I won't have an accurate reading. Something in which I think I'm going to have to do in the future.

I then decided to check with the website and was found the below information.

So with no help and being told I can't see my bill until the 2nd of February, I am left with no data despite being told I have 4.12GB available on the website. I have attached a screenshot below. 4.12GB seems like a much more reasonable number to have left over after this first week. Being told one thing by customer services and another by the website is very annoying.

Information from O2 Website

I don't download songs/movies/photos using my phone. I seldomly stream videos or music or photos outwith my WiFi network at home. All my phones is used for is checking a few tweets and emails outwith the house.

All I ask is why isn't this information (the bill currently in cycle) available to me so I can investigate further and make sure an app isn't exhausting my data without my knowledge. The lack of cooperation from the customer services department is abysmal.

With my contract renewal coming up in September of this year, it doesn't look too favourably towards me renewing with O2. I will most definitely be looking to take my business elsewhere.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

From your words I'm guessing you have an iPhone?

I've just seen your screenshot wink
My daughter also allegedly used all her allowance after turning her data on for 30 seconds!!
I moved my account to EE as I got the same response as you from CS about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Some users of iphones have had issues regarding data usage as can be seen by posts here and across other forums. 

Im on payg with the iphone 6 plus with 2gb of data allowance to use. I reset my stats every month and find no excessive usage. 

The iPhone in my experience when the screen fades off / sleep can switch from wifi back to the networks data connection. This is why I turn off mobile data in its settings to stop this. Their are a few recent threads debating this on the forum too. 

Message 3 of 25

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Until Appler recognise they have a fundermental problem there is always going to be an issue with data usage....
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
UBRIL Appler recognise they have a fundermental problem there is always going to be an issue with data usage....

Pardon ! 😳

Message 5 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

From your words I'm guessing you have an iPhone?

I've just seen your screenshot wink
My daughter also allegedly used all her allowance after turning her data on for 30 seconds!!
I moved my account to EE as I got the same response as you from CS about it.

Didn't you also get her a different phone @MI5 ? Apologies if this isn't the case...I lose track..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah she has a Lumia now but still has the iPhone too with a giffgaff sim in it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah she has a Lumia now but still has the iPhone too with a giffgaff sim in it.

Two phones??...Following in her dads footsteps already I see....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

One for "school" and one for "home" Astounded

Currently using:
Message 9 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

One for "school" and one for "home" Astounded

I have no idea why you are showing you are astounded....lLOL Parents lead by example Spaced

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 25