cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score blighted by incorrectly registered O2 default

Anonymous
Not applicable

I note that this is a regular feature on this noticeboard.

I Have an exemplary credit history, or i did until i got involved with O2. 

I am the kind of person who always pays bills on time, doesnt not take out big fat loans or over spend and certainly dont have anyone chasing me for money  or judgements against me.

My biggest mistake was signing up for an O2 pay monthly contract ofr 12 months some yeas ago. 

It ran for the 12 months and about a month before the end , i contacted o2 several times and informed them that i did not wish to renew the contract.

I found that there was a real reluntance, boardering on blind refusal, to end my contract by O2 customer service. They were determined to sell me new contracts and services howver i re-iterated that i wanted to end the contract

When the contracted ended i ceased using their sim.

In January this year i had a look at my credit report via noddle and noted that O2 had registered a default of £10. 

I raised a complaint with O2 and have correspondence from one of their complaint handlers confirming that the default has been remove.

When this very day is it still showing on my credit report and adversely affecting my credit score?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Getting them to remove an incorrect default is almost impossible. The only way is to keep on at them, complaint email to the CEO and maybe even take legal action.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,just to update on this long running story.

I have now had the default removed from my credit profile.

I have now submitted a complaint to the Ombusman. The Ombudsman has accepted my submission as a matter which they are prepared to deal with .

I have uploaded all documentation and statements to the ombudsman website and it is currently being actioned.

I would encourage anyone who has what they genuinely believe to be a genuine grievance with O2 to pursue it to the bitter end as i shall be doing.

Thanks all for feedback/advice..

Message 12 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to hear.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is excellent news @Anonymous. Well done you for persevering...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good news and well done for persevering. Some would have just given up and I hope O2 face some sort of penalty for their actions.

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been a while but just to put final closure on this story,,

The telecoms Ombudsman agreed that i had been badly and unfairly treated by O2.

They instructed O2 to;

a) Correct by credit profile. This has now been done and it is perfect,as before

b) Issue a letter of apology

c) Pay me compensation.

I would encourage anyone who feels they have been unfairly and badly treated in this way to follow the same route. It is totally wrong that mobile phone companies and indeed any company can just register defaults on your account without even informing you or justifying their actions.

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Great news and well done - good to hear that you won slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I am so pleased for you @Anonymous but the crux of the matter is that it is stressful and time consuming. Glad you have closure now.

Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent news @Anonymous. I agree it should never have happened. A lesson to us all..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your support. O2 Will never have my business again.

Message 20 of 23