cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courier services - premium and standard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Has anyone used the premium delivery service? How much is it? I'm looking to get a new phone delivered with the pre 1030 service but hoping someone has tried it first...

Also whats the difference between O2 using DPD and UK Mail? Are either more reliable? Can I pick which one delivers to me?

Thanks in advance..

Hollie 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have to agree, I have never missed a delivery or had a parcel go astray.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
They lost my smartwatch so that's one out of 3 of us that's failed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well I would say DPD have it down to a fine art. None of this between 7am-9pm malarkey...You get an email to say it will be delivered on  a particular day...That day you get another email telling you who your driver is and the hours time slot ...

Then the masterpiece...you are able to track that driver via the DPD online map tracking system. Something along the lines of "You are deliivery number 34. Paul is currently here (shows pic where he is) making delivery number 28" ....Now that is a courier service wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Agreed - First class service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Make that 2/5 UK Fail have lost a parcel of mine, and they delivered to another place entirely, but stated that I had signed for the phone.!

So, from this thread alone is a 40% fail rate!

DPD on the other hand actually call me if they're having trouble finding my place.

Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Hollie @Anonymous

Have you decided to use the premium delivery service?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

many moons ago now but ... when i upgraded to my galaxy S2 four-ish years ago o2 sent it with yodel.
oh yes, missed deliveries - they'd tried to deliver [a big pile of the steaming variety], so i went onto their website to change the delivery address to my mother-in-law's house as she's usually sat in the front room and doesn't miss much going on it the street.

two more days pass and i'm sat in our house and "hey-presto" a yodel van turns up with the phone.

fast forward two years and i get it delivered to store so i can pick it up & have no more merry-go-round.

Message 19 of 19