cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke with someone on the live chat who was next to useless. I wanted to make sure my contract would not renew when it ends next month.

I was told it would revert to pay and go and a few days later a payg sim arrived with a totally different number.

At the end of your contract what happens? Will I continue to be charged the amount I am paying now or less? As the bill now obviously includes the cost of the phone.

I want to move to a different network when my contract runs out so ideally would like my O2 sim to revert to payg and to not have to pay anything else once my contract ends and the final payment has been taken.

Thanks

Shaun
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

At the end of the contract call CS on 202 and get them to swap your number to the PAYG sim you have received.
It will have a different number until you swap your number to it as you can't have 2 the same and you're still using your contract for now....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

At the end of the contract call CS on 202 and get them to swap your number to the PAYG sim you have received.
It will have a different number until you swap your number to it as you can't have 2 the same and you're still using your contract for now....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply.

So when my contract ends what happens to the sim that's in my phone now? Will it just stop working?
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.

Once the number is transferred from that sim it will stop working.

Or if you want to take your mobile number with you to another network http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You might want to think about getting the phone unlocked while you are still in contract as it is free. Link in my signature.

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

So when my contract ends what happens to the sim that's in my phone now? Will it just stop working?

That is correct. Also, the transfer of your number to a PAYG sim will automatically cancel your contract, so no more monthly payments.

Depending on your bill date though, you might be billed for another month but this will be refunded to you after 7-14 days.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I followed these instructions yet the payg SIM still doesn't have my contract phone number after 24 hours. Contacted Live Chat countless times and I'm assured the number will change and it doesn't...

If I phone my contract phone number it doesn't exist! And in my O2 it shows that I have a payg account with the new number and a 'disconnected bill' with my old number which I wanted for the payg sim!
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would circumvent live chat and speak to uk customer services.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Might be best to actually call CS in this instance.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Have you put the sim in the phone and rebooted it at regular intervals?

If so, speak to customer service.

Message 10 of 18