cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke with someone on the live chat who was next to useless. I wanted to make sure my contract would not renew when it ends next month.

I was told it would revert to pay and go and a few days later a payg sim arrived with a totally different number.

At the end of your contract what happens? Will I continue to be charged the amount I am paying now or less? As the bill now obviously includes the cost of the phone.

I want to move to a different network when my contract runs out so ideally would like my O2 sim to revert to payg and to not have to pay anything else once my contract ends and the final payment has been taken.

Thanks

Shaun
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The request went through 24 hours ago which was the max time it should take im told. Under the my device section of My O2 the tariff/balance/bolt on bit says unavailable so is the number still switching?

Don't fancy talking on the phone for the time it's taken on Live Chat. Their staff shouldn't be saying something will happen if it isn't and I've got to phone up.
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well it's up to you. It could be changing over and if you are prepared to wait and see then fine,

Personally I would be calling them...

Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I agree it should have happened but has not for whatever reason.

If this was me I would be 'making a nuisance of myself ' with customer services  and ringing until the changeover did happen.....

You never know, due the bank holiday weekend it could be going through late..or in the process of....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently I need to top up and the number will magically change. Does this sound right?

When I phone the old number it says it doesn't exist so how does topping up change this?
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worth a shot as you'll need to top up anyway if it'll let you.

Who told you this ?
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well yes, some truth in it as the sim won't be activated until topped up, I think....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Payg ones I've had through the post have worked as soon as I've inserted it into the phone and accepted calls.

Slightly different for you due to the transfer of account type maybe.
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Theoretically, this particular sim is holding the OP's account data so I would expect a level of security to activate it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18