cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly changing tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are O2 being allowed to rip it's customers off with impunity ? When I first joined O2 several years ago after changing from an iPhone to the then Galaxy S2 I signed up for an "unlimited everything" tariff, unlimited calls, texts and data. Then as time went on I found out every time I upgraded...S3..S4..S5... and now S7 my "unlimited" data allowance was steadily reducing down to the paltry 3GB it's at now. And at no time did the monthly cost reduce in line with the data reduction, in fact it crept up, inflation apparently ! So from unlimited data to 3GB but still paying essentially the same price. I have tried every which way to speak to someone at management level in an effort to resolve this but they refuse point blank to contact me to discuss it. I personally think it's outrageous that they are getting away with this up and down the country ripping off hundreds of thousands of customers the majority of which I doubt are even aware. On a personal level I find O2's behaviour and attitude disgraceful, over the years between handsets and contracts I have spent thousands of pounds with them and now in the light of this issue nobody have the decency to even contact me to try to resolve this issue. Needless to say my time with O2 is quickly coming to an end, if only thousands more would follow suit.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid you are wrong and it is a total rip off, if I am paying for unlimited data and O2 in its greed/wisdom do away with said unlimited data the surely it stands to reason it should be replaced with then next maximum available not some paltry offerings somewhere near the bottom. They didn't reduce my monthly payments when doing all, why not ? Greed. If my original contract was £20 a month for unlimited data why should I now be paying £22 for 3GB and be expected to pay £30 for 20GB which was O2's generous solution to the issue. I've read several times about people spouting about customer loyalty but where's O2's loyalty to its long standing customers ? Hiding behind a 50 pound note no doubt. Pure greed and a TOTAL rip off.

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You need to move to a network that suits you better mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 13 of 15

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
O2 rarely offer anything for customer Loyalty now, those days are long gone, it is not the same deal for all.

I still fail to understand how you have not noticed these changes each time you have upgraded, and since unlimited data tariffs went quite some time ago why it has taken to now to realise this?

Each time you upgraded did you do this in store or online?
Message 14 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous .....I'm guessing you're a 60 year old male so you have had many years experience of price rises and value for money.

Products' and services' prices rarely decrease.....that's the way the economy works. Companies change their style of marketing....you've experienced that as well......you'll never sign up for a new mobile contract and get exactly the same as you've always had.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 15