cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly changing tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are O2 being allowed to rip it's customers off with impunity ? When I first joined O2 several years ago after changing from an iPhone to the then Galaxy S2 I signed up for an "unlimited everything" tariff, unlimited calls, texts and data. Then as time went on I found out every time I upgraded...S3..S4..S5... and now S7 my "unlimited" data allowance was steadily reducing down to the paltry 3GB it's at now. And at no time did the monthly cost reduce in line with the data reduction, in fact it crept up, inflation apparently ! So from unlimited data to 3GB but still paying essentially the same price. I have tried every which way to speak to someone at management level in an effort to resolve this but they refuse point blank to contact me to discuss it. I personally think it's outrageous that they are getting away with this up and down the country ripping off hundreds of thousands of customers the majority of which I doubt are even aware. On a personal level I find O2's behaviour and attitude disgraceful, over the years between handsets and contracts I have spent thousands of pounds with them and now in the light of this issue nobody have the decency to even contact me to try to resolve this issue. Needless to say my time with O2 is quickly coming to an end, if only thousands more would follow suit.
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your tariff allowances will change every time you upgrade / downgrade or change your contract in some other way.
All is clearly displayed so no one is getting ripped off and unless you chose not to read your T&C's in which case it's hardly any one's fault but your own, unfortunately.
If you wish to complain officially to O2 there is a complaints link on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but you really should be understanding what you are signing up for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your tariff allowances will change every time you upgrade / downgrade or change your contract in some other way.
All is clearly displayed so no one is getting ripped off and unless you chose not to read your T&C's in which case it's hardly any one's fault but your own, unfortunately.
If you wish to complain officially to O2 there is a complaints link on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but you really should be understanding what you are signing up for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you can actually get up to 25GB data now...and a reasonable price https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#/sims/tariffs?deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2 haven't offered unlimited data for years, and certainly not on any new contracts. Unlimited data was related to old legacy contracts, and didn't include access to 4G. If you upgraded to a 4G phone and you wanted the 4G service your unlimited data would have disappeared at that point.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Anonymous each time you have upgraded the agent, or yourself if done online, will have selected a new tariff if your existing one has been discontinued. In store you have to initial the contract where the allowance is displayed (or you used to).

No offence intended however it does appear you have failed to read the terms and conditions which cover the allowance you will get and the fact that in March each year the contract will increase by the RPI

Other than Three there are no UK networks offering unlimited data now.

As we say to a lot of people on here, choose the network which is right for you for coverage and costs. If O2 isn't the one for you, then leave (once you've completed your contract of course)

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I believe Three are ending their unlimited data tariffs too shortly.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

When you had the iphone or S2 you probably had unlimited data. However that was discontinued and if you changed tariff you had to take one of the newer tariffs which change year on year. The unlimited data also offered only 3G which is why I changed to a 4G tariff.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you say....

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you say....

Do we say what?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15