cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity very flaky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with O2 for a couple months now. Had no problems up until around a week ago. My phones connectivity reverts back to the G icon, which results in me not being able to use the Internet at all.

Now and then it will go back to H or sometimes 4G. But very rarely. I spoke to someone on the live chat who suggested:

1 - I shut down my phone, remove my sim, put my sim back in, boot up my phone again.

This did nothing.

2 - I enter the details they emailed me (Because the details they supposedly sent me via SMS, I never received). I did this, and it temporarily fixed my issue for about 20 minutes. 

It's very frustrating because I moved from Three to O2 because of lack of connectivity at my office where we are not allowed to use the company Wifi, only to have more problems with my O2 account than I did with my Three account.

Can anyone suggest anything else? The person on the chat didn't seem to know what else could be done to fix this issue.

Sorry, just so you know the phone is a Nexus 6P

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
To get settings automatically you send a text with the word "active" to 2020.
Also check your network status here as a mast could be down or undergoing maintenance http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Thanks for your quick reply.

I texted active to 2020, and get no response.

The network status is good indoors and outdoors on 4g where I am, which was the selling point for me getting this contract.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All I can suggest is you download the My Network app and report the issue - they may have a problem that they aren't aware of yet.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
One other thing - just manually check your apn settings against those here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Android%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20s...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately those APN didn't fix the issue either.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It has to be a network or sim card issue.
You can get a free sim swap in any O2 shop, so give that a try?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Frustratingly the nearest O2 shop is >30 mins drive from me.
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Call CS (202) and get one sent by post.
When it arrives do the sim swap yourself http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Are you still having patchy network coverage or has it settled down now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10