Conflicting statements re Voicemail abroad on O2 website

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

From what I know, when going abroad, I can:

1) Set up an unconditional divert to my voicemail whilst in the UK. That way even if keep my phone switched on whilst abroad, all calls go to my inbox without me getting charged any roaming fees

or

2) Leave conditional diverts on, but then I get charged roaming fees when people leave me a message.

The O2 website states the following:

1) "If an unanswered call is picked up by your voicemail while you're abroad there is no charge on your mobile bill for the message left." Notice how there's no mention of the difference between setting up conditional or unconditional diverts? Obviously, the only way to interpret their statement would be that it'll cost you nothing regardless. Here's the link: http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/calling-texting-and-data-usage-abroad#qs

2) Then there's another link, from the same website mind you: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Now, what it says there that going abroad with the conditional diverts on, will incur charges when people leave a message on your voicemail.

Looks like conflicting statements to me. So, apart from the rhetorical "When are O2 going to start telling truth to their customers?" question, there's another one:

How do they actually charge for voicemail when abroad provided that the conditional diverts would be left on?

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Clear as mud Happy Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to know it was helpful slight_smile
Message 22 of 22