cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged to receive picture message?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never send picture messages, it's just something I don't do because other apps will do it free of charge, but I've noticed that I have been charged 33p 2 days ago. I have received a few picture messages from other people lately, but that is the only thing I've had to do with the service. Is it possible to get charged for receiving them or could it be down to an emoji I have used counting as a picture message or something? At 33p I'm hardly going to spend an hour on the phone to try and get it back but it's more the principle of being charged for something I make sure to avoid!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If you replied to an MMS the phone could send it as an MMS but equally if an emoji took your text over 480 characters that too would send as an MMS.
Keep your eye on the character count when writing your texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this guide about MMS. It tells you everything you need to know including info about emoji's etc...http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduce-yourself-on-the-O2-Community/td-p/571606/page/58

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3