cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this possible, if you have a new pay&go sim card but you are currently on contract and want to change your number, can you use that number from the new pay&go sim card instead rather then getting a random number from the system?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You need to top up the PAYG sim with £10 then the number is yours to do as you wish with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You need to top up the PAYG sim with £10 then the number is yours to do as you wish with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
So the fact its pay and go and im contract doesn't make any difference? I can still change my contract phone to use this number? just double checking so im clear:)
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

Yes, you just need to call CS (202) and ask them to transfer your number.

However, the PAYG sim will be disconnected and you will lose any of the £10 top up you haven't used up.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4