cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing details

Anonymous
Not applicable
I originally took out the contact out with my boyfriend in his name, now I have taken it out in mine but the details on 'my O2' are still in his name. How do I change this?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

As mentioned the new contract will have new log in details , unless you want to keep the old number. If that is the case, you and your boyfriend need to call customer services ( you have to be together on the call) so that they can transfer the old number to the new contract. That will keep the old number but the account holder will be you , as the old number is "loaded" on the new contract.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have O2 changed the details for you?

Did you take out another contract? The details will take upto 24 hours to update in your myo2

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you need the details changed over, when you do it on the phome or instore, you will need your boyfriend with you
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a sim only contract for about a year after the original contract. I have taken another full contract out today, so should I wait for my details to change?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new contract is in my name
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's been done today & it's a new contract then yes I guess wait & check tomorrow
Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You should have new log in details with your own email address now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You should have new log in details with your own email address now.

Or as soon as the O2 system updates itself...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

As mentioned the new contract will have new log in details , unless you want to keep the old number. If that is the case, you and your boyfriend need to call customer services ( you have to be together on the call) so that they can transfer the old number to the new contract. That will keep the old number but the account holder will be you , as the old number is "loaded" on the new contract.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
That has already been explained by me in a previous post @Anonymous @Anonymous do let us know how you get on
Message 10 of 10