cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed contracts and no service!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed from payg to monthly taking an iPhone 5s a week ago wanted to keep my old number 4 times o2 tried to swap my number didn't work ,eventually I did it with text service simswap but payg tariff is on phone and not monthly. Keeps asking me to top up my Samsung ? I'm on pay monthly iPhone..o2 online service has been dreadful. So no calls no texts for 8 days now and o2 saying nothing is wrong!!!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to use the keep my number form and not swap my sim . http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number use the payg to pay monthly option

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your problems @Anonymous, but this is a customer to customer forum, and as such, no one here has access to anyone else's accounts. You'll just have to keep calling customer service and hope that you find someone who understands the issue and can rectify it. You can also try via Live Chat, but we normally recommend calling and speaking to someone. Best of luck.

Edit: As your account is currently showing Pay & Go you will probably be charged for the call to CS. Be sure to ask them to reimburse you for the calls, as calling CS on Pay Monthly is free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to use the keep my number form and not swap my sim . http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number use the payg to pay monthly option

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really need to call 202 again and keep calling until someone checks your account. Something is amiss, quite apart from probably being put on a blackberry tariff.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All you've done is swap your PAYG from one sim to another.
You need to call CS to get it done correctly
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
If you are doing the change at an O2 Store than there may be some problem with the activation. I think you have to go back to the same store.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@evantkh wrote:
If you are doing the change at an O2 Store than there may be some problem with the activation. I think you have to go back to the same store.

If you read the thread you will see that @Anonymous has done a "sim swap" which transfers all the data from one sim to another - in this case a PAYG to PAYG sim.

As pointed out already it should have been a "keep my number" transfer which would have transferred the PAYG number to the contract sim.

A call to cs is now required to resolve this and a new contract sim will be required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7