O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
sabbathfan

Change of ownership

I really need to change the name that my phone is under with O2.

I have had this crappy thing for 4 years and I can't cancel it is it is not under my name. If I cancel the DD it will come out of this other person's account. We have BOTH tried to change the details but O2 seem determined not to help.

The money comes from my account, always has. She was a guarantor for me when O2 wouldn't give me a contract without one.

Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
the_representat

Re: Change of ownership

I have had this crappy thing for 4 years and I can't cancel it is it is not under my name. If I cancel the DD it will come out of this other person's account. We have BOTH tried to change the details but O2 seem determined not to help.
The money comes from my account, always has. She was a guarantor for me when O2 wouldn't give me a contract without one.
Can anyone help?

My understanding is that you can not change the name of the person the account is in.
The other person would need to cancel the current contract and then you need to start a new one in your name.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 157
Solutions: 1,820

Re: Change of ownership

Can anyone help?

My understanding is that you can not change the name of the person the account is in.
The other person would need to cancel the current contract and then you need to start a new one in your name.

You are quite correct, you CANNOT change the name on a contract. It has to be cancelled and another one taken out, which will be at the new tariffs.
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
canwefixit

Change of ownership

Then this company are a bunch of lying cowboys. I tried to upgrade my phone in the store months ago and they told me I would need a change of ownership form to change the name so I could do it.
I'm sick to the back teeth of this company. I don't think I'll ever come back once I get her to cancel this crap contract. And I'm gonna tell anyone who will listen. O2 sucks!

No need to be so harsh. They were maybe mistaken because it can be done if the account type is changing from consumer to business.
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

Change of ownership

There was no need to wait 4 years. The person who signed the contract, could have got a PAC at any time, thus cancelling the contract. You could have used the PAC to open your own account and keep your number.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 157
Solutions: 1,820

Change of ownership

Please use plain text.