cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Pay and Go Go Go back to £10 credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently overseas and have just topped up my phone and received the minutes, texts, data associated with Pay and Go Go Go because I opted in when I was in the UK. This is no use to me overseas, how can I change back so this £10 will appear as credit on my phone and doesn't expire? I don't need to use my phone much over here so don't need any tarriff, just the credit so I can occasionally send texts.

Any help appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The £10 will now have been used to pay for your new set of allowances.

You'll need to speak to O2 customer services. They may be able to recover the top up. Only they will be able to check that for you.

Try online Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Ask to change tariff while your speaking to them.

Possibly O2 Unlimited ; A Tariff where you get some allowances and also keep your top up credit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The £10 will now have been used to pay for your new set of allowances.

You'll need to speak to O2 customer services. They may be able to recover the top up. Only they will be able to check that for you.

Try online Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Ask to change tariff while your speaking to them.

Possibly O2 Unlimited ; A Tariff where you get some allowances and also keep your top up credit.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to add make sure you top up every 999 days and make a chargeable call every 6 months to keep your SIM card / payg account live.

Also you can call O2 whilst abroad on +44 7860980202- international rates apply.

But I'd try live chat first.

Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hopefully this will get sorted. We normally advise that you make any necessary tariff changes before you leave the UK. Easy to say when you are making all your travel arrangements but it is far more simple when you are in the UK..

Best of luck anyway :smileywink:..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

When you say change back, it may well be the tariff you were on (eg. text & web etc.) may no longer be available. Check My O2 for your options and possibly webchat as you are overseas.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the replies, I tried online chat but they weren't there because of the time difference, I'll try this evening.

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hope you get it sorted @Anonymous .... Would you let us know how you get on please...it helps us advise others wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You're welcome from us all.  slight_smile

Awaiting a reasonable outcome.

Message 8 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it sorted, connected to an online chat and explained the situation. The support person removed the Pay and Go Go Go and credited £10 back to my balance. It took about 2 mins start to finish. 10/10 for O2!

Thanks again slight_smile

Message 10 of 20