cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Big Bundle back to simple PAYGo

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a mobile which is only used for emergencies, and therefore very light usage. Unwisely I registered for a £10 Big Bundle.  How do I switch back to a simple Pay As You Go where I only pay for the calls I make?

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You have 3 choices:
1 - Switch to Big Talker tariff. You get allowances but also get to keep your top up.
2 - Switch to O2 basic. No allowances just straight top up and use. You need to call CS on 4445 to get offered this tariff.
3 - Switch to giffgaff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Change tariff to big talker.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-talker

Joining Big Talker

If you're new to O2, you'll need to visit an O2 store or o2.co.uk/freesim to get a free Big Talker Sim.

If you're an existing Pay & Go customer, either

• Text BIGTALK free to 21300
  • Call 2202 free from your mobile
  • Visit My O2
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You have 3 choices:
1 - Switch to Big Talker tariff. You get allowances but also get to keep your top up.
2 - Switch to O2 basic. No allowances just straight top up and use. You need to call CS on 4445 to get offered this tariff.
3 - Switch to giffgaff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Reading again about the BasicTariff, I wonder if @Toby will confirm once and for all if it is still available?

At one time you needed to be 'invited' to get it...then suddenly it was removed with no link to it at all....

Finally I understood it was actually still available....

If I don't know for sure O2 still offer it, I feel reluctant to recommend it to anyone slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

We only have one member's post to say it's still available which is why I don't normally mention it. If we can get official confirmation that it's still an option then fair enough, but if that's the case why has it been removed from the tariffs pages?

Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

My point exactly @jonsie I can never find a link to it nowadays....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I remember one person posting recently and they were adamant that they had just changed to it, but an official word would be appreciated.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys im on the same 10 big bundle and would like just plain pay as you go aswell, is there a way to casncel the big bundle? to normal payg?

Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi guys im on the same 10 big bundle and would like just plain pay as you go aswell, is there a way to casncel the big bundle? to normal payg?

If you just want the very basic payg you will need to call cs and ask if o2 basic is still available or move to giffgaff.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22