cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from 12 month sim only to pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 12 month sim only contract ends on 15th August. I want to go to pay as you go so that I can top up as and when I need it. Low usage of phone. How do I cancel and change? Tried ringing 202, jumped through all the hoops but gave up when asked to give an answer to a security question that I hadn't been asked. Sort that one!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You don't want a PAC, simply call 202 and request termination of your contract and to swap your number to a P&G sim. The security question is normally your mother's maiden name or a password you put on the account. You can hardly blame o2 for making sure your account details are secure.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Calling CS is the easiest way of changing from Pay Monthly to PayT, an alternate would be to call up and request your PAC code, go into an O2 store and get a PayT SIM card and then call up / complete the online form to port in your number.

Either way you will need to speak with customer service and get the security question correct. if you don't know the answer to the one they have asked you can ask for alternate questions.
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

What in the world is PayT?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you do not know the security QUESTION how can you answer it? This is my problem, the automated system does not ASK the question.
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Customer service would not be asking you what the question is.

If you're having difficulty with customer service over the phone, the easiest thing to do would be to go into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and do your change there. Make sure you bring ID with you. I don't believe that requesting your PAC is the way to go, as you're not actually porting your number, you're only swapping it to a Pay & Go sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You don't want a PAC, simply call 202 and request termination of your contract and to swap your number to a P&G sim. The security question is normally your mother's maiden name or a password you put on the account. You can hardly blame o2 for making sure your account details are secure.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Answers to your security questions can be found in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Bambino PayT is "Pay as you Talk" is old terminology 😉
Message 8 of 11

Bambino
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@PhoneChanger I don't really see the point in using old terminology when the OP is confused enough as it is. If you Google it now it comes up as "Pay as you Throw" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_as_you_throw

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
an alternate would be to call up and request your PAC code, go into an O2 store and get a PayT SIM card and then call up / complete the online form to port in your number.

Unfortunately this will not work as the account type is different and requires CS intervention.

Equally a PAC is only required if changing network providers and would fail is attempted to be used on the same network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11