O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
M0PHEAD

Carphone warehouse- Ten pounds credit with phone, can't acti

I just picked up my new Samsaung Genio Touch from the Carphone Warehouse after ordering online. I am on the O2 pay as you go plan and received two plastic cards; one containing my sim which I popped out and inserted into my phone, and the other an "E-Top Up" card. My receipt from the Carphone Warehouse shows I have been billed for ten pounds credit, but there does not appear to be an O2 top up code on the receipt.
I went through the process of activating the "E-Top Up" card, and had the computerised phone lady confirm this in her synthetic tones, however I apparently have no credit. Can anybody tell me how to activate the ten pounds credit I have been billed for?
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

You need to contact Carphone Warehouse and find out what they have done. The e top-up card is for use when you want to top-up in the future.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
M0PHEAD

Thanks, I was going to contact them anyway but wanted to check on here first in case there was something glaringly obvious that I've missed somehow.
If there's no home-grown solution I guess I'll go and visit them tomorrow sometime.
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
chunky

They should have put the £10 directly onto the sim card they supplied with the fone.

Really annoys me that they and now others insist on charging £20 top up if paid by cash for the fone or £10 if by card. Their defense is to stop box breakers.

Hmmmm.
iphone 4 - Black - 16gb. Firmware : 5.0.1, with Siri.
iPod Touch 16gb - 1st Gen.
I want the next iPhone to exceed my expectations !
M0PHEAD

Ok, I phoned the Carphone Warehouse store I brought the phone from and they said that the sim should have come preloaded with the credit. Any ideas where I go from here?
Edit: they suggested I contact O2 but aside from this forum I see no way to do so; kind of implies it might be more of a problem with O2 than with the Carphone Warehouse though.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 158
Solutions: 1,823

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but O2 don't supply pre-loaded sim cards. You would have paid CPW for the top up and the responsibility is theirs. I think you need to speak to the manager there.

It's so easy to say 'call O2' but it sounds like CPW are giving you the run around.
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

Mophead, there are many ways you can contact O2. See www.o2.co.uk and click Contact Us.

It's certainly Carphone Warehouse who need to sort this. You need to go back to the shop and complain.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
PcBoyGeorge

It should be applied within 48 hours. I bought from them before. And the Sim card is immediately activated and should have the balance of what you paid.
Hey,
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
staceyparish

Re: Carphone warehouse- Ten pounds credit with phone, can't

I have this problem, I have the CPW invoice and sim card pack, I popped the sim card in and waited 24-36hours and still says Inactive SIM ?
How do I activate the Sim.. I can't check balance or do nothing cause the sims not activated
please no phone calls to o2 unless you call me and are ready to speak :smileywink: Really frustrates me that nothings ever simple and I'm wasting time over stupid crap
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

Re: Carphone warehouse- Ten pounds credit with phone, can't

Stacey, this is a customer forum, you are not talking to O2.
Calling O2 wouldn't be any good either. CPW need to apply the credit in order to activate the sim. As with the case above, don't be fobbed off that the sim should be preloaded (so why charge you if O2 already put it on?)
Please use plain text.