Did you mean: 

Card payment system, Half a year on...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
When?
When will this failed system be fixed and prevent any more innocent customers getting a screwed up credit history?
It's been half a year since O2 "modernised" the payment system, and excluding one week period two months ago, it has been a total failure.
Why do O2 staff still insist the problem is the customers end?, either bank problems or insinuating that the customer doesn't have enough in their accounts (I say accounts because multiple bank cards still fail).
I have personally wasted hour after hour desperately trying to pay, calling and sometimes having success but mostly not.
I am sick of it, and I'm sick of this level of customer neglect.
I have tried to pay using:
Visa debit TSB
Visa debit Halifax
Visa electron Halifax
Visa debit nationwide
Mastercard debit
Mastercard credit
All fail and enough is enough
I am not prepared to spend cumulative hours waiting on hold for a 60/40 against chance that a payment will go through, nor can I justify making a bacs payment like one poor customer, for O2 to then apply it incorrectly to a single account.
I leave for a holiday next week, and I fully expect O2 to proper shaft me whilst I am away on 2 of my accounts.
Half a year is disgusting and can only be described as negligence to offer an advertised service.
Either O2 accept cards or not!
They have had long enough now to make up their mind.
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Toby Is there any news at all about this problem being solved yet.? Nearly 6 months is far too long for people to be unable to pay their bills via card

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 136

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

The issue was solved for most members when we reported it (in terms of a wider issue). The ones seen here are outliers of course and must be looked at individually. If anyone is still in need of help (and has had continuing problems since the initial issue), please PM me and we can have a chat about what to do next.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 62 of 136

nige4
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So why is the reason that they are not being looked at already then @Toby ?

I've sent you all the details I had been previously been asked for to help get the matter looked into & then everything seems to dissapear off the face of the planet & nothing EVER gets sorted out!

Fact is nothing will get sorted because no one at 02 give a flying toss about this issue.

@martin promised to look into this, what has happened to him now? Yet another let down i'm guessing?

Community Manager

‎03-03-2016 09:39

Community Manager‎02-03-2016 15:34
Head of Community‎18-02-2016 14:24
Head of Community‎03-02-2016 10:20

Head of Community‎02-02-2016 09:30
Head of Community‎28-01-2016 08:35
Head of Community‎27-01-2016 09:24
Head of Community‎13-01-2016 15:57
Head of Community‎13-01-2016 09:12

All these message & still no joy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 63 of 136

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @nige4,

I did not know you had not been contacted. I shall of course chase this up for you now that I know slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 64 of 136

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@nige4 another classic example of broken O2 business systems........nobody took responsibility for the problem therefore nobody followed up to check if your problem was resolved.

This shouldn't be a job for Community Admin.

O2 are suffering in the same way as their customers, the systems their employees use are broken but nobody is taking responsibility to correct them.

They'll point the finger at sub-contractors but when you outsource there needs to be a system in place to manage that work to ensure it's fit for purpose.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 65 of 136

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @nige4, I've sent you a PM.

Get involved:

Message 66 of 136

nige4
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Pm replied to @Toby 👍
Message 67 of 136

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well, back from holiday and managed to pay most of my accounts, the rest I have had to call to do because for some reason the online payment system only seemed to work for device plan payments and not Airtime......
Anyhoo, rang up and paid over the phone because I love adding to the wasted hours of my life ringing O2 because the system obviously still has its issues. Or the banks? One of them at least.
Now I'm getting calls every hour telling me a bill I've already paid is overdue and I should enter my card details... Bit suss in itself that one..
Not to mention the texts also coming through, did double check my O2 and yup, paid.
I guess I'll ring up tomorrow and get them to stop sending texts and calling because I really have nothing better to do.
Ooh, got another bill to pay Friday, and we'll see if it's fixed.
What fun.
#o2life
Message 68 of 136

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Don't hold your breath mate.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 69 of 136

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 70 of 136