Did you mean: 

Card payment system, Half a year on...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
When?
When will this failed system be fixed and prevent any more innocent customers getting a screwed up credit history?
It's been half a year since O2 "modernised" the payment system, and excluding one week period two months ago, it has been a total failure.
Why do O2 staff still insist the problem is the customers end?, either bank problems or insinuating that the customer doesn't have enough in their accounts (I say accounts because multiple bank cards still fail).
I have personally wasted hour after hour desperately trying to pay, calling and sometimes having success but mostly not.
I am sick of it, and I'm sick of this level of customer neglect.
I have tried to pay using:
Visa debit TSB
Visa debit Halifax
Visa electron Halifax
Visa debit nationwide
Mastercard debit
Mastercard credit
All fail and enough is enough
I am not prepared to spend cumulative hours waiting on hold for a 60/40 against chance that a payment will go through, nor can I justify making a bacs payment like one poor customer, for O2 to then apply it incorrectly to a single account.
I leave for a holiday next week, and I fully expect O2 to proper shaft me whilst I am away on 2 of my accounts.
Half a year is disgusting and can only be described as negligence to offer an advertised service.
Either O2 accept cards or not!
They have had long enough now to make up their mind.
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

nige4
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So what about recognising the issues with Mastercard & Visa credit cards?
Clutching at straws & pi**ing in the wind is what I think to all this nonsense.
02 are 'supposed' to be a large reputable company but none of their staff can sort out what cannot be that big of a problem, maybe ask yourselves why other companies manage these payments just fine.
Truth be known 02 probably don't give a toss & will not waste any time or money looking into the matter!

Rant over & back to my holiday! 😎
Message 31 of 136

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@nige4 wrote:
So what about recognising the issues with Mastercard & Visa credit cards?
Clutching at straws & pi**ing in the wind is what I think to all this nonsense.
02 are 'supposed' to be a large reputable company but none of their staff can sort out what cannot be that big of a problem, maybe ask yourselves why other companies manage these payments just fine.
Truth be known 02 probably don't give a toss & will not waste any time or money looking into the matter!

Rant over & back to my holiday! 😎

Or....to coin a phrase @nige4 "If it ain't broke... don't fix it"

Enjoy the sun....I shall be having some of that on Tuesday Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 136

nige4
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Where you jetting off to @Cleoriff?
Message 33 of 136

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@nige4 wrote:
Where you jetting off to @Cleoriff?

Costa Del Sol....

Though unlike you, @viridis and others, I haven't experienced a payment system failure. If I had (under current circumstances) I would probably have to re-think ...

Which brings this nicely back on topic...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well, it still fails
Surprisingly....
Message 36 of 136

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well, it still fails
Surprisingly....

Surprisingly. ..? You jest young man!

Message 37 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Honestly, I'm so done with this.
I certainly won't be calling from France.
Message 38 of 136

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

My advice would be to enjoy your holiday and forget your problems with o2. You have family you love and who love you . I'm at that age now where I care less about tomorrow and live for the day and if O2 want my money and their system won't let me give it to them, it's their problem not mine. They want to chase me in Thailand then good luck to them, the utility companies, the government and anyone else. San fairy Anne to them all. O2 are way down the list of actually giving a damn.

Message 39 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well after 3 cards failed online, 2 attempts over phone and yet again being told to speak to my bank, I yet AGAIN had to explain this whole shambolic episode out.
Over the phone I managed to pay 1 account using a 3rd card.
I will now be writing a letter of complaint to O2, in all my long years as a customer I've never felt the need to do so, even with the Z5 fiasco I still felt that O2 were helping as much as they could and they came through, but this payment problem due to www.mi-pay.com using some new crappy half baked system has wasted tens of hours at least in the half a year since it was first notified.
I genuinely am appalled at how long this has gone on, and just on this community 70% of people with the problem have stated they will be moving on from O2,
When will O2 fix this problem? Surely being able to actually take money from customers is priority number 1 for the groundwork behind any business, why do O2 insist on alienating by issuing defaults on good standing customers who cannot pay due to this corporate inability?
Message 40 of 136