Did you mean: 

Card payment system, Half a year on...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
When?
When will this failed system be fixed and prevent any more innocent customers getting a screwed up credit history?
It's been half a year since O2 "modernised" the payment system, and excluding one week period two months ago, it has been a total failure.
Why do O2 staff still insist the problem is the customers end?, either bank problems or insinuating that the customer doesn't have enough in their accounts (I say accounts because multiple bank cards still fail).
I have personally wasted hour after hour desperately trying to pay, calling and sometimes having success but mostly not.
I am sick of it, and I'm sick of this level of customer neglect.
I have tried to pay using:
Visa debit TSB
Visa debit Halifax
Visa electron Halifax
Visa debit nationwide
Mastercard debit
Mastercard credit
All fail and enough is enough
I am not prepared to spend cumulative hours waiting on hold for a 60/40 against chance that a payment will go through, nor can I justify making a bacs payment like one poor customer, for O2 to then apply it incorrectly to a single account.
I leave for a holiday next week, and I fully expect O2 to proper shaft me whilst I am away on 2 of my accounts.
Half a year is disgusting and can only be described as negligence to offer an advertised service.
Either O2 accept cards or not!
They have had long enough now to make up their mind.
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
We're now onto.
I used TrackID™ to find Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major, BWV 1048: I. Allegro by Pinchas Zukerman.
https://trackid.sonymobile.com/track/VU15TFBiWnBkTjY1d1ZxRWlCVlRZWm93WTJz
Message 111 of 136

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Fascinating choice of hold music. Is it chosen to make customers feel relaxed?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 112 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No, cuz it's long....
Message 113 of 136

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

They could try this...26 minutes long...Would make the wait more bearable...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 114 of 136

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Try this one O2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImDzmNuEDA
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 115 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Well, after today's half assed attempt to pay, whilst being on hold for the entire cd1 of classic greats, the nice man from SA came back to tell me his payments manager told me to call back tomorrow,  that's super because I really did have nothing planned for such trivial things as a weekend, luckily I get Monday too after tomorrow fails.. 

Oh and the second I hung up, this arrived....

_20160430_113723.jpg

Message 116 of 136

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
No 'arm in it.....innit ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 117 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to pay my monthly bill online as I normally do. Card declined. Go and talk to your bank and come back and try again!

I love talking to my bank.

Especially when they have received no notification of O2 asking for payment. Account is fine. Card is fine - confirmed by making other purchases.

Tried again. Card declined. So a call to Customer Services after the online chat was completely useless asking me more information than needed including my username login!

Over the phone payment. Still declined.

I know I'll go into an O2 store and pay over the counter, if not by card, with hard earned cash! You would think life could be so much easier if these system analysts would think of these things. Apparently, they don't do that. Excellent!

So from the O2 shop, they allow me to use their phone to Customer Services. The gentleman takes off the restrictions off my phone for non-payment, carrys over my monthly bill of £43 pounds to my next bill which will then resolve the problem as by now I have set up a DD. Gave it 24 hours.

Yes. You've guessed it. Still hasn't solved the problem.

So another call to customer services brings me to the point where they have now advanced it to the Technical department and I have to wait another 24hours to resolve. All this time, I am waiting to upgrade my phone and obviously still paying for a handset that I have already paid off!

What's peeing me off is that this forum shows this is a known issue and yet I am being given the runaround and being told to waste my time to go and talk to my bank etc instead of the 'technical department' solving the apparently even LARGER issue (because it still isn't resolved after how many months?) and telling Customer Services to resolve outstanding accounts until the O2 TECHNICAL issue is resolved!

Next stop is the papers and taking my 10+ years of o2 loyalty and 4 accounts elsewhere!

Message 118 of 136

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I've replied to your other post :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 119 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well, this morning I can say my payments all went through, 4 remaining payments including 1 test yesterday, all cleared without problem.
The fundamental thing in this what customer service didn't acknowledge (and yes, they at one time was asking me for my log in details..) was that the banks have no record of the failed (declined) payment request at all. The cs agents talk down to you as if it's 100% your fault and repeatedly tell you it MUST be your bank.
Believe me, if the managers of card transactions and fraud prevention at TSB & Halifax both tell me this, I'm taking their word for it.
My payments "seem" to be fixed, and only because a community manager actually listened and helped, unlike anyone else this has been told to at o2 cs.
My complaint letters have been sent and I do await the apologies for the systematic neglect of customer care towards myself, who I might remind, first reported this in late 2015
Message 120 of 136