Did you mean: 

Card payment system, Half a year on...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
When?
When will this failed system be fixed and prevent any more innocent customers getting a screwed up credit history?
It's been half a year since O2 "modernised" the payment system, and excluding one week period two months ago, it has been a total failure.
Why do O2 staff still insist the problem is the customers end?, either bank problems or insinuating that the customer doesn't have enough in their accounts (I say accounts because multiple bank cards still fail).
I have personally wasted hour after hour desperately trying to pay, calling and sometimes having success but mostly not.
I am sick of it, and I'm sick of this level of customer neglect.
I have tried to pay using:
Visa debit TSB
Visa debit Halifax
Visa electron Halifax
Visa debit nationwide
Mastercard debit
Mastercard credit
All fail and enough is enough
I am not prepared to spend cumulative hours waiting on hold for a 60/40 against chance that a payment will go through, nor can I justify making a bacs payment like one poor customer, for O2 to then apply it incorrectly to a single account.
I leave for a holiday next week, and I fully expect O2 to proper shaft me whilst I am away on 2 of my accounts.
Half a year is disgusting and can only be described as negligence to offer an advertised service.
Either O2 accept cards or not!
They have had long enough now to make up their mind.
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

An appalling situation to find yourself in @viridis. How O2 could let this situation exist for so long is beyond my comprehension, and I gather that you're one of many. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 136

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Absolutely disgraceful not only for @viridis but for all customers who have defaults due to the ineptitude of o2 and the payment system, not to mention the attitude of customer service insisting it's a customer or bank issue rather than their unfit for purpose broken systems.

Message 3 of 136

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Absolutely sickening . It's the 

total stupidity of O2 advisors who continually try to blame the customer and their banks. How much more communication does O2 need? They refuse to see there is a problem. We must have many customers who are sick, old or vulnerable and to be faced with this month after month is beyond belief.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 136

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

So, off on holiday,  phones barred due to non payment, credit rating zero and very probably still unable to pay after a holiday spent worrying about the impact on the next 6 years....

Time to ditch a network that causes so much anguish.

Message 5 of 136

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Particularly as this is Easter and so many people are taking their young kids away. Expensive enough at this time of year I might add, without the burden of worry regarding letters of default waiting for you on return....

By the way I saw literally loads of complaints about this same issue on Twitter this morning slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Message 7 of 136

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm honestly gobsmacked that this is a continuing problem. O2 might find themselves in a position where they're taken to court (i've no idea what they could be charged with) as to do this to people's credit file over and over is surely bordering on purposeful negligence?

It's a crazy situation, and could in effect ruin someone's life plan i.e. Mortgage or long term loan that's needed to move forward.

You have my utmost sympathy @viridis but I think I'd have seriously lost the plot by now if in your situation!!
Message 8 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @viridis,

As far as i was aware there were/are issues making payments using VISA electron cards at the moment but Mastercard should be fine.

When you have made these payment attempts have you been told that this was a tecnical problem or an unsuccessful payment?

Have you been able to make any payments over the last 6 months? If so which card(s) did you use to make them?

Sorry for all the questions

More info
Smiley Frustrated

John
Message 9 of 136

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Usual card is visa debit
Mastercard also fails.
The result is:
"Sorry we could not process your payment, you need to speak to your bank and try again"
Every card, every time and every single time the banks (all of them) have no record at all of the transaction, let alone declining it.
And yes I've been able to make payments over the last 6 months, by spending hours telephoning, live chatting, posting on here, calling banks, telephoning again and again etc etc, most of the second half of the month.
Message 10 of 136