cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant' Pay My Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to a redundancy, I am no longer in a position to pay my monthly O2 phone bills. Food, gas and electricity being more important!!

I have called Customer Service this morning via my landline and tried to arrange a payment plan. Unfortunately, I got disconnected. I'm never calling by phone again because it costs too much due to the wasted amount of time I have to wait to get through. I couldn't even understand the lady properly because her english wasn't good. Maybe I should of asked for an interpreter.

I can't really call using my mobile because I have a very weak signal where I live.

So anyway, I sent an email after that phone call to this address regarding my circumstances: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

I subsequently recieved a reply from that email a little while after which says,...

Hello,

***** Any Replies to this email will not be answered.*****

Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support
service.

Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where
we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you are online just click here https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=AF575778A6A74C05
to start chatting.

Ok, so I tried going on the Online chat but they are busy. I've now had enough of it. If O2 want their money and talk to me about a price plan I can afford, I'm sure they will find a way to contact me because I'm not wasting anymore of my valauble time. I've done my best.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Perfectly said jonsie, it's rather silly to ask for advice on a customer to customer forum and then reject that advice because we're.... Customers!!

I've reread this thread, and all of the advice is sound and given with the best intentions....

Message 21 of 24

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous DO NOT (I can't emphasise this enough) ignore this debt. Small and insignificant as it may seem now, it WILL escalate, you WILL get hounded for the money, and your credit rating WILL take a significant hit for the next six years as a result. Take it from someone who has been there and done it (and is still paying for it).

Phone O2 on 202 and speak to an advisor again. It's free from your O2 phone. All you need to do to save yourself from years of hassle is to go somewhere with a bit of mobile signal.

Explain your situation. If you still can't get anywhere, then consider (as a last resort) going on a Debt Management Plan if your financial situation has deteriorated to the point where you can no longer afford to pay your debts. Check out www.stepchange.org - I'm on a DMP with them and it's the best thing I've done. I pay them what I can afford and they sort out the rest. My credit rating is far from perfect, but I prefer that any day over endless demand letters coming through the door.

Best of luck and, as I said at the beginning, DON'T IGNORE IT or expect O2 to get in touch with you, because they won't until things get beyond the point of a reasonable arrangement.

Oh, and don't reject the advice of forum members either - we're all customers. We've pretty much all been in a similar situation to you at one point or another in our lives and we're just trying to help slight_smile

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93215 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

It can be a fine line we tightrope. Sometimes the unfortunate ones lose their balance and fall into the murky water, some of us just manage to keep afloat. I have been on the edge many years ago and who knows, I may be in the future but thus far I've managed to keep afloat. Be strong and face it, it won't go away, deal with it and you will come out all the stronger for it. Help is out there, do not be too proud or arrogant to take it.

Message 23 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

With respect, as a reult, I feel I maybe getting the wrong advice by ordinary members of the public who don't really have the required insider knowledge as it were to be telling me what I should or shouldn't do. 

Yes we're all customers just like you who go out of our way to offer our advice free of charge, none of the advice you have been given here is wrong.Smiley Mad

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 24