cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

after 2 chats online, still no resolution.

I can log onto the O2 web site, go to the billing area but whenever I click on view airtime bill, I receive the following:-

Unfortunately your browser doesn't support My O2. Please upgrade to the latest browser version.

fire fox is up to date.

Even downloaded chrome-same message.

I'm running Windows 7 and have not had this issue before (but cannot remember when I last checked the bill).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Prob just needs to go to "check for updates" and install anything waiting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem on my Lumia 900.  It used to work fine then, all of a sudden, I cannot view my remaining balance, allowances, etc, and just get the message "Unfortunately we cannot display My O2 on your mobile"

I have been into my local O2 Shop and spoken with a Guru, but he had no idea what the problem was.  So I contacted Customer Services and, despite 4 attempts at getting an answer over the last 6 weeks, am still no further towards a solution.  I either get fobbed off with some lame excuse, or I get cut off and they send me a new password to log in with - as if that was the problem !!!

Will very soon be "bye-bye O2"-time.

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is this through the app or on browser?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that the problem is not platform specific as I'm on a Mac. I am also running 'Ghostery', an ad/tracker blocking app, which stops no less than 6 trackers on the O2 site! When I unblock 'Adobe TagManager' and refresh the page it loads with all the details. I'm guessing that it is conditional that this tracker (there may be others)  is allowed in order to proceed on the site. 

So, if you have any blocking software, this is possibly where the problem comes from. HTH

Message 14 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Well spotted !!!......Adobe Tagmanager is not our friend.

I use Ghostery and have had an error message showing since the end of last week so it's a tracker that O2 have implemented very recently. Up until that point all sections of MyO2 were accessible.

So why would O2 want to track only when we access "View my Bills" ???????????????

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had exactly the same issue, and thanks - you're right, turning off ad blocking makes the billing pages work.

No idea why they show a "Please upgrade your browser" message to mean "We're gonna throw a hissy fit unless we can monitor you".

Message 16 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
it might be something to do with cookies rather than with tracking your activity specifically as these are used as part of the security process.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 17