cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change tariff!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a brand new SIM card on the International SIM tariff. I have never topped it up. I want to change to the £15 Big Bundle tariff but I keep getting an error message whether I try to do it online via My O2, via 2202, or by texting 15BUNDLE to 21300.

What am I doing wrong? I do not have any credit, so cannot call customer services.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, it won't change until your anniversary date unless you call cs and ask them to change it immediately.
You will only get the allowances for the tariff you choose.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call CS from a landline or try live chat again

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Probably cause you need to top it up first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top up using a voucher on the first time 

Message 4 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome to the forums @Anonymous Please let us know once you have got this issue sorted. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
But if I top it up with £15, will I be able to change tariff and immediately convert my credit to the £15 bundle, or will I have to wait until the next anniversary date?
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will be debited the £15 straight away for your allowances but if you call customer service they may change you over but it's in the lap of the gods.............

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

You will be debited the £15 straight away for your allowances but if you call customer service they may change you over but it's in the lap of the gods.............

Thanks. So just to be clear then:

1. I am on the International SIM tariff. Once I top up £15, I will be given 3000 O2 minutes, 3000 O2 texts and 100MB of data.
  2. I immediately text 15BUNDLE to 21300 (or do it via 2202). My £15 immediately disappears and is replaced by the £15 Big Bundle.

Is that correct? What will happen to the free O2 minutes/100MB?

The thing that worries me most is:

If you are part way through your current tariff month, your request to switch to a new tariff will take effect on your next renewal date.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-bundles

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, it won't change until your anniversary date unless you call cs and ask them to change it immediately.
You will only get the allowances for the tariff you choose.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was able to change the tariff pre-top-up via Live Chat.

Message 10 of 16