O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
Robina
Accepted Solution

Cancelling Blackberry bolt on £5/month. KEYWORD required!!

Hi, I need to cancel my monthly Blackberry(R) bolt on for which I pay £5per month for 500mb data and BB functions and web. Tried the website asking Lucy and text many different combination to 21300 but each time I get a text saying 'sorry we didn't understand your text. Try re-sending the KEYWORD again or call 2202 to get more help.' As expected 2202 option are of no help when it comes to cancelling something. I've even tried logging in to my account and no surprise the option to cancel this bolt on shows a 'website not accessible and error occurred pls try later'. Very frustrating how hard O2 make it to cancel something with them!! Anyone who can help please with what seems a simple query, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 214
Solutions: 1,995

Re: Cancelling Blackberry bolt on £5/month. KEYWORD required!!

You would be better to speak to customer service rather than be frustrated with texts.

Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Robina

Thanks Jonsie, i took your advice and gave them a call earlier and they have finally sorted my request. I was told bolt ons for blackberry can only be cancelled via customer services- so be warned! thanks again.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 214
Solutions: 1,995

Glad you got it sorted :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
anna20

hi , my BlackBerry bolt on is not working at all! I dont know what to do . I would like to deactivate it but I already get charged, so I wonder if I could deactivate it and get the money back..it wasnt working for even a second, so maybe its possible?

thanks Anna! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
helpman

what i did and it worked what ever phone you are now using , and you want to cancel your blackberry bolton what you do is test '21300' with the KEYWORD 'FREEBB OFF' you will then get a message say that the bolton will be canceled in the next 48 hours. hope this helped.
Please use plain text.