cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or recieve picture messages since upgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a Blackberry Q5 on a sim only contract with O2, I could send and receive picture messages fine with my last sim only contract with this phone, I upgraded for another 12 months sim only contract a couple of weeks ago and since then my phone won't send or receive picture messages, all the settings are correct I've even contacted O2 and they say everything is fine their end and they don't understand why it won't send messages now, anyone have any ideas?

Seems strange that on the other contract the phone was ok with MMS but now it won't send or receive, when I try to send I just get a "general problems" error message.

Thanks in advance.

Di
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That would explain it if you were set up wrong in the first place....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I think sometimes they just hear Blackberry and see the keyboard and assume BIS is needed. slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh well still doesn't work, I've turned the phone off and on a couple of times, when I send a MMS now it says 2509:invalid originator data.

Think I may give up!

X
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Check your apn settings again and then use email, BBM, whatsapp or facebook etc to share pictures slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Perhaps go to see an O2 guru in your most local O2 store.

http://guru.force.com/M_O2StoreLocator or try just popping in.

Dint give up or use alternatives to MMS.
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Do you really want all the hassle to be charged 40p for a crappy low res picture?
The sooner networks switch off MMS completely the better, but I guess they make too much off it wink

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did speak to a Guru they changed the data bolt on.

Like you say I guess MMS is over rated now with BBM and Facebook etc.

Thanks again for your help x
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

There's not many now that I know that use MMS

I use iMessage to other iOS users.
Message 18 of 18